TruLab, Inc. is an RTP-based mobile technology company that provides biological sample tracking and management solutions on blockchain for clinical trials. TruLab’s mission is to empower drug developers to track samples in real-time and ensure the integrity of the chain of custody in their studies. Founded in 2018, TruLab has a vision to revolutionize biosample tracking to advance the research and development of new medical therapies.
The Compliance Officer is a full-time role located in Durham, NC. This person will be in charge of all compliance and auditing efforts throughout TruLab. Primary responsibilities will include approving all policies and procedures for TruLab employees, conducting internal audits of these procedures, and overseeing compliance training throughout the organization. These efforts will be critical to the continued success and business integrity of TruLab.
We are looking for candidates who are detail-oriented, proactive, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and unstructured environment. Ideal candidates have a passion for service to clients, the ability to learn quickly and execute with excellence, and possess excellent organization and communication skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Regularly review and update policies and procedures to ensure TruLab remains in compliance with all state and federal laws/regulations
- Conduct compliance audits of all business operations as necessary
- Draft new policies in response to TruLab expanding its scope of services
- Train all new hires on standard operating procedures and company-wide policies
- Review and complete IT and compliance questionnaires from prospective clients
- Report directly to the TruLab leadership team and communicate any risks identified through compliance audits
What You’ll Need:
- Extremely well-organized and ability to keep track of multiple projects at once
- A strong attention to detail
- Proven project management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in and across teams; must possess strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A passion for how new technology can innovate and drive progress
What You’ll Get:
- Exposure to all aspects of building a growth technology company
- Close contact with TruLab’s experienced leadership team
- An opportunity to have a voice in major decisions
- To be part of the team revolutionizing sample tracking and advancing clinical research
- Opportunities to advance and develop as the company grows
- Flexible, personalized, and remote work schedule
This is an entry-level position and ideal candidates are recent graduates with a 3.7 GPA or higher.